This weekend gone by i planned a mini getaway for my Fathers 60th to Hermanus. I found this amazing place right on the sea called the Whale Rock Estate. I actually booked through a B&B called “The Potting Shed” and they own 3 self catering units in the Whale Rock Estate. Our short stay was awesome and i definitely wouldn’t hesitate to go back.
ABOUT: The Potting Shed Guesthouse [+Whale Rock Estate Self Catering Unit] is run by David and Annemarie. Accommodation with spectacular views of Walker Bay
- Sea facing lounge, stoep and double bedroom
- Bathroom with bath and shower
- Ideal for 2-4 people (can sleep up to 6 by arrangement)
- Double bedded & twin bedded room, 2 sleeper couches in lounge.
- Bed linen provided
- Kitchen equipped.
- Washing machine
- DSTV (compact package)
- DVD player
- Weber braai in stoep
- Outside braii area at pool
- Access, free of charge to squash court and swimming pool
- Recreational area
- Parking bay for each unit
- Walkway to sea approx 80 metres from patio.
- 1 km to new harbour and 2 seafood restaurants
- 3 km to town centre
- 5 km to Hermanus Golf course
Our self catering units are in Whale Rock Estate with 24 hours guarded security. All apartments are identical in size, just vary slightly in décor.
Rates from R995 a night (minimum 2 night’s stay required)
All check-ins are at The Potting Shed Guest House in Albertyn Street.
Strictly no smoking. No pets allowed.
Whale Close, Tobago Bay, Whale Rock Estate
Tel: +27 (0)28 312-1712
Fax: +27 (0)28 313-1047
Cell: 072 820 9828