My first Red Carpet of 2015 is Selena Gomez. Both actress and singer
Selena Marie Gomez was born and raised in Grand Prairie, Texas, to Mandy Teefey, who is of part Italian descent, and Ricardo Gomez, who is of Mexican descent and originally from New Mexico. Her parents divorced in 1997. Giving birth to Selena at 16, her mom Mandy recalls living “paycheck-to-paycheck”.
Selena started out on Barney & Friends (1992) as “Gianna” in 2001 where she really discovered her talent. Unfortunately, they dropped her from the series after just two years.
In 2003, she had a very small role in the movie Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) and a bit part in 2005 when she played “Julie” in Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (2005) with Mitchel Musso and in 2006 as “Emily Grace Garcia” in Brain Zapped (2006) when she recorded a song for the movie. She she guest starred as “Gwen” in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (2005) and as Hannah’s rival, the ‘evil’ “Mikayla”, in Hannah Montana (2006). Selena’s amazing talent landed her roles in two Disney series, both spin-offs. Unfortunately, neither show was picked up until 2007 when she got the role of “Alex Russo” in the magical series Wizards of Waverly Place (2007) which she auditioned for three times. In March 2008, she made her first animated movie Horton Hears a Who! (2008) and later starred in Another Cinderella Story (2008) with Disney Channel star Drew Seeley for ABC Family. Her two Disney Channel Original Movies Princess Protection Program (2009), with real-life BFF Demi Lovato, and Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie (2009) will both air Summer 2009.
She formed her band Selena Gomez & the Scene after signing a recording contract with Hollywood Records in 2008; they released the studio albums Kiss & Tell (2009), A Year Without Rain (2010), and When the Sun Goes Down (2011) before beginning a hiatus in 2012.
She embraced an increasingly mature public image with her star billing in the controversial film Spring Breakers (2013) and her debut solo studio album Stars Dance (2013). The latter project debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 and spawned the Billboard Hot 100 top-ten single “Come & Get It”. Gomez was released from her recording contract with Hollywood Records following the completion of her upcoming greatest hits album For You (2014). She subsequently signed with Interscope Records to continue work on her second studio album
Beyond entertainment, Gomez has ventured into other endeavors. She has worked with numerous organizations for charitable causes, and has most notably worked with UNICEF for several years. She formed her own production company, July Moon Productions, in 2008. In Fall of 2010, Gomez launched her clothing line “Dream Out Loud” through Kmart; the brand features all material that was made from eco-friendly or recycled material. In 2011, she released a self-titled perfume. Since beginning her music career, Gomez has sold an estimated 2.8 million albums and 18.1 million singles
- Vanity Fair Oscar After Party – 2014 – Emilio Pucci
- Vanity Fair Oscar After Party – 2012 – Dolce & Gabbana
- Ischia Global Film and Music Festival – 2014 – Kayat
- LACMA Art Film Gala – 2014 – Gucci
- Video Music Awards – 2013 – Atelier Versace
- American Music Awards – 2014 – Armani Prive
- Met Gala – 2014 – Diane von Furstenberg
- UNICEF SnowFlake Ball – 2014 – Vintage Dolce & Gabbana
- Venice Film Festival – Spring Breakers Premiere – 2014 – Atelier Versace
- Women of the Year Awards – 2012 – Giambattista Valli
- Vanity Fair Oscar After Party – 2013 – Versace Atelier
- Creative Arts Emmy Awards – 2009 – Marchesa
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party – 2011 – Dolce & Gabbana
- ESPY Awards – 2013 – Dolce & Gabbana
- Spring Breakers Premiere – 2013 – Reem Acra
- Rudderless Premiere – 2014 – Dior
- Golden Globes After Party – 2015 – Kaufman Franco
- Billboard Music Awards – 2013 – Atelier Versace
- Hotel Transylvania Premiere – 2012 – Versace
- NAACP Image Awards – 2010 – Georges Hobeika
- People’s Choice Awards – 2010 – Irina Shabayeva
- Venice Film Festival – Spring Breakers Premiere – 2014 – Dolce & Gabbana
- Kids Choice Awards – 2014 – Dolce & Gabbana
- Spring Breakers Premiere Toronto – 2012 – Dolce & Gabbana
- Kids Choice Awards – 2011 – Camilla Skovgaard
- Kids Choice Awards – 2012 – Dolce & Gabbana
- Kids Choice Awards – 2013 – Oscar de la Renta
- Teen Choice Awards – 2014 – Saint Laurent
- MTV Movie Awards – 2013 – Julien Macdonald
- People’s Choice Awards – 2011 – Irina Shabayeva
- Teen Choice Awards – 2011 – Erin Fetherson
- MTV Europe Awards – 2011 – Marchesa
- Video Music Awards – 2011 – Julien MacDonald
What is your favourite look of Selena’s?