I don’t know anyone that would turn down prawns [except the unfortunate that are allergic to shellfish] I absolutely love prawns and even better when they are Tempura Prawns
Cooking time is roughly 30 minutes and serves 4 people. The recipe is found on the Robertson’s Website HERE
- 12 – 14 Prawns shelled except for tail
- 20 ml Flour
- 150 ml Corn Flour
- 200 ml Flour
- 2,5 ml Robertsons Thai Seasoning
- 5 ml Robertsons Parsley
- Iced Water
- Split prawn open down the back, remove vein and gently press the prawn open with your hand to make a butterfly shape.
- For the batter, combine flours and seasoning. Gradually mix in the ice water until you have a soft batter.
- Dip the prawns into the flour, shake gently, dip into the batter and deep fry until golden brown and cooked. Drain on paper towel. Serve with sweet sauce.
- Tip: The tempura batter is also delicious when used to coat vegetables such as baby marrows or slices of Aubergine.
Hope you enjoy