This is a different version of a Butter Chicken
Cooking time is roughly 1 Hour and 10 minutes serves 6 people. The recipe is found on the Robertson’s Website HERE
- 1 kg Chicken Breast fillets cut into thin strips
- 180 ml Flour
- 15 ml Robertsons Louisiana Cajun Seasoning
- 60 ml Oil
- 3 Onions Chopped
- 15 ml Curry powder
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- 5 ml Robertsons Ginger
- 15 ml Apricot Jam
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- 175 ml Natural Yoghurt
- 125 ml Coconut Milk
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt Robertsons Black pepper to taste
- Place the chicken strips in the flour and Robertsons Louisiana Cajun Seasoning and coat well.
- Heat the oil and brown the chicken in batches until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and then fry the onions, add the curry powder, garlic, Robertsons Ginger and jam and cook for one minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and bake to one hour at 180°C.
- When cooked, stir in the yoghurt, coconut milk, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and sambals
Hope you enjoy