As a teenager, I was one of the lucky ones that didn’t have breakouts but I was hit hard in my mid to late twenties with bad acne especially on my jawline. No matter what I tried, it never seemed to clear up. From face washes, to masks to cream and it even reached a point when I took Oratane (genric for Roaccutane) and still it didn’t work.
It’s only when I reached my thirties did my face clear up naturally but what I have noticed is that I have an oilier skin but no breakouts… until recently. In the past 2-3 weeks I’ve had a couple breakouts, again along my jawline. So it’s a saving grace that I was sent this Serum to test out. I’ve never been a serum person besides using an Elizabeth Arden one, and that’s only been the last couple months. I am so excited to try this Serum.
The Clear Boost Skin Serum is a decongesting serum suitable for oily and problematic skin that is prone to breakouts.
There are 5 other Serums
1. CALM – Suitable for sensitive skin, irritable skin, skin prone to excessive redness and hot flushes.
2. ENERGISE – Suitable for tired and dull skin that needs to be revived and replenished.
3. GLOW – Suitable for environmentally damaged skin, frequent sun exposure, prematurely aging skin, uneven skin tone, and age-related sunspots.
4. QUENCH – Suitable for dry skin, frequent air travellers, air-conditioned environments
5. SMOOTH – Suitable for skins with poor texture in need of resurfacing, and helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
My Skin Care Routine while testing out this serum
1. Removing Makeup – Garnier Micellar Water, Pink Cosmetics Melting Makeup Remover Balm
2. Cleanse – Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face Wash/Scrub, Garnier Oil Control Complete Face Wash
3. Serum – BOOST SKIN SERUM – CLEAR
4. Day Cream – Garnier Even and Matte // Night Cream – Nivea Q10 Plus Vitamin C and Dermalogicia Sound Sleep Cocoon
5. Eye Cream – Nivea Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Plus
You can buy the serums directly off the Boost website (HERE) for R500.00
I’m going to give this serum a good 4 weeks to test out, as I know the first couple weeks you are prone to breakouts due to the serum decongesting your skin
DISCLAIMER – I was sent the Boost Clear serum by Red Marketing. All my opinions are honest and my own