I know it’s a little late for a 2019 reading list, but like they say “Better late than never” lol.
In 2018 my goal was to read 50 books, then I realized how unrealistic that was due to my life last year, with my full time job, putting in overtime, putting blog posts together, taking photo’s and my social life, so my goal then went down to 30 books but I only got to read 23 books. I was disappointed but then again it was 23 more books than I read the previous year, so I gave myself a thumbs up
This year I decided not to set myself a number of books I wanted to read, instead, I’ve decided to take it one book at a time. I never used to read Fantasy Books or YA books, I was always into Crime/Mystery/Thriller etc but because I’m working on a book myself which is under the genre of Fantasy I guess, I wanted to dive into that world and get major inspiration.
My List for 2019 and beyond…. I haven’t added all the books on my list as it would take hours to go through, but I thought I’d share the ones in the top +-25 (ish). Some books I haven’t started reading in the series, some I have read the 1st book and am still to read the rest and one I’m waiting for the final book in the series
- Lauren DeStefano – The Glass Spare series – The Glass Spare (currently reading) and The Cursed Sea >>> ABOUT: Kept hidden from the world in order to serve as a spy for her father—whose obsession with building his empire is causing a war—Wil wants nothing more than to explore the world beyond her kingdom, if only her father would give her the chance. Until one night Wil is attacked, and she discovers a dangerous secret
- Kendare Blake – Three Dark Crowns series – Three Dark Crowns (read), One Dark Throne (read), Two Dark Reigns (read) and Five Dark Fates (still to be released) >>> ABOUT: In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, Katharine is a poisoner, and Arsinoe, a naturalist, But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.
- Laura Sebastian – Ash Princess series – Ash Princess, Lady Smoke and Ember Queen (no cover yet) >>> ABOUT: Theodosia was six when her country was invaded and her mother, the Queen of Flame and Fury, was murdered before her eyes. Ten years later, Theo has learned to survive under the relentless abuse of the Kaiser and his court as the ridiculed Ash Princess
- Holly Black – The Folk of the Air series – The Cruel Prince (read), The Wicked King and The Queen of Nothing (no cover yet) >>> ABOUT: Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King. To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.
- Joelle Charbonneau – Dividing Eden series – Dividing Eden and Eden Conquered >>> ABOUT: Appearances—and rivals for the throne—can be deceiving. When Eden’s king and crown prince are killed by assassins, Eden desperately needs a monarch, but the line of succession is no longer clear. With a ruling council scheming to gain power, twins Carys and Andreus are faced with only one option—to take part in a Trial of Succession that will determine which one of them is worthy of the crown. With their country and their hearts divided, Carys and Andreus will discover exactly what each will do to win the crown
- Tahereh Mafi – Shatter Me series – Shatter Me, Unravel Me, Ignite Me, Restore Me, Defy Me and Untitled Book 6 >>> ABOUT: Shatter Me follows the narrative of Juliette Ferrars, a 17-year-old girl with a paralyzing and killing touch. She can take living organisms’ energy. The book starts out with Juliette in an asylum due to the fact that she murdered a small boy three years prior.
- Sara Holland – Everless series – Everless and Evermore >>> ABOUT: In the kingdom of Sempera, time is currency—extracted from blood, bound to iron, and consumed to add time to one’s own lifespan. The rich aristocracy, like the Gerlings, tax the poor to the hilt, extending their own lives by centuries. No one resents the Gerlings more than Jules Ember
- Gwendolyn Claire – Ink, Iron and Glass series – Ink, Iron and Glass and Mist, Metal and Ash >>> ABOUT: A certain pen, a certain book, and a certain person can craft entirely new worlds through a branch of science called scriptology. Elsa comes from one such world that was written into creation, where her mother―a noted scriptologist―constantly alters and expands their reality.
- Erin Summerill – Clash of Kingdoms series – Ever The Hunted, Ever The Brave and Once A King
>>> ABOUT: Seventeen year-old Britta Flannery is at ease only in the woods with her dagger and bow. She spends her days tracking criminals alongside her father, the legendary bounty hunter for the King of Malam—that is, until her father is murdered
- Leigh Bardugo – Shadow and Bone series – Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising
>>> ABOUT: The Shadow Fold, a swathe of impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters that feast on human flesh, is slowly destroying the once-great nation of Ravka. Alina, a pale, lonely orphan, discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the lavish world of the kingdom’s magical elite—the Grisha
I would love to know your current reads, what’s on your reading list for 2019 or any recommendations you have for me. Leave a comment below